Turmeric is considered as a protector of the digestive system and a remedy against various inflammatory disorders.
Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer, the most powerful identified to date. It proves effective against digestive inflammation and prevent joint inflammation. But it also plays a role in cancer prevention: the same age, Indians 8 times less lung cancer than Westerners, 9 times less colon, 5 times less breast cancer and up to 10 times less kidney cancers.
The Indians are certainly no less exposed than Westerners to environmental carcinogens. The difference is attributable to their high consumption of turmeric, which is on average from 1.5 to 2 g of turmeric per day (equivalent to one quarter to one half teaspoon).
These health effects are due to curcumin, a powerful antioxidant. Note that in the laboratory, this molecule inhibits the growth of a large number of cancers: colon, liver, stomach, ovarian, breast, leukemia ...
• he is fighting against oxidative damage, multiple sclerosis. curcumin (one of the active ingredients of the spice) blocks the accumulation of amyloid proteins that are responsible for the cognitive deficits in Alzheimer's disease.
• It prevents cancer: it would decrease the mutagenic effect of certain substances (such as those present in tobacco), would facilitate the premature death of degenerating cells and have an anti-angiogenic effect by preventing the tumor vasculature. In China it is officially recommended for people at risk of esophageal cancer.
• It improves digestion: stimulating the liver and promoting the excretion of bile, and prevention of cirrhosis, against gastric acidity, irritable bowel syndrome, indigestion, flatulence.
• Against excess cholesterol
• Against Rheumatism thanks to its strong anti-inflammatory action, ex. in osteoarthritis
SIDE EFFECTS / CONTRAINDICATIONS / INTERACTIONS
Side effects: gastric disorders (high dose)
Cons-indications: gastrointestinal disorders such as obstruction of the bile ducts, gallstones
1 capsule of 500 mg of turmeric 3 times daily. It is also recommended to take 4 grams of fish oil daily. This dose can be increased to 6 capsules as appropriate.